Piggy Paint: Natural Nail Polish for Fancy Kids
I recently caught up with a another momma inventor I absolutely loved! Must tel!!
Kids naturally love colors and nail painting is one of the most popular mother and daughter bonding moments. But sometimes kids can't help to put their fingers in their mouths and this means that they might digest the chemicals.
When Melanie Hurley, a mother of two was painting her daughter's nails and a drop of nail polish got on a styrofoam plate, she noticed that the solvent-based nail polish left a hole in the plate. Yikes! Any flammable substance is not acceptable to be put in children's fingers that might end up in their mouths. This experience paves way for Melanie to create Piggy Paint, a water-based and eco-friendly nail polish for kids.
Let's chit-chat with her and see what she has to say!
What do you love most about what you do?
- I love that work has not just worked, but rather one of my passions.
What's a day in the life of you look like?
- Every day varies, which is what I love. My days are filled with creating, brainstorming, and the daily grind of business. My evenings are filled with my favorite peeps. My girls are at the ages where life is extremely busy with sports and activities, and I LOVE watching, encouraging, and cheering them on!
What's your favorite thing to do with your babies?
- No matter what we’re doing, we always have fun together. Even mundane activities like grocery shopping or sitting in traffic can be an adventure when you chat & laugh together.
How do you find energy to balance work and family?
- Balancing a healthy family and work life is hard. When things are so hectic, I constantly remind myself of my priorities. My family is number one.
How can our parent community help you spread the word?
- If you’re a fan of Piggy Paint or Rock the Locks, I would love for you to tell a friend. For the most part, our brands have grown organically from word of mouth. There’s nothing more powerful than Moms sharing with other Moms.
How was your Mother's Day?
- Awesome! My daughter had her 13th birthday party the night before, so I woke up with 10 Junior High girls at our house. We also cheered her sister on at her softball game, and ended with two of my favorite foods: ice cream and pizza (in that order). Dessert before dinner makes any day amazing!
Ah well, you can tell she is awesome! Make sure and check out her products and grab some for your littles. We love her!